GREEN BERETS PEEPS

Talk about anything here.
Cosmo1964

GREEN BERETS PEEPS

Post by Cosmo1964 »

What new GB plugins missions do you guys have? I dont see GB's listed on the site anylonger whats the word on that?
vinylrake

Re: GREEN BERETS PEEPS

Post by vinylrake »

I can't recall hearing of any GB specific 3rd party maps/plugins - though I think the Special Forces plugin(s)/map(s) are based on the same/similar units - it's a vietnam era modern warfare total conversion.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah Special Forces is based on the Green Berets units set. They function differently, and have a solo mission with all sorts of artillery and new units. Also included as a tagset for regular maps. Its alright, but you'll probably prefer the original GB.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

Thanks for the response.

I was asking because awhile back I thought I had seen a post for a few missions someone put together.

It's one of my stand by games, that I finaly got going with some help from a site member.

I'm doing the hardest level LEGENDARY, and not making much progress. I'm gonna finish it!!!

Hints or tip appreciated.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Some levels are hard on legendary. I typically separate into 2 or 3 groups when you have the 6 regular units. 2 GB's with medic, then weapons sgt, team leader, and GB on another team. Scout well, use caterpillar-like strategy where one patrol goes ahead of the other, scouts, then the other comes up to join.

These are some basic things you can do, but I usually break them up into even more groups than that. Don't get in situations where you could be flanked. Get the timings down, if you shoot, dodge, shoot, chances are you will get lit up by a barrage of bullets. Take the time to determine the intervals and times that the enemy is shooting at you, and where they are aiming. The AI on green berets makes the enemy tougher than conventional myth, but they still can become outsmarted in some situations.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I haven't played it in a while, its not conveniently accessible if you're an avid online player like me, because you need a certain patch which renders other parts of myth incompatible, so I guess that little barrier prevents me from playing it more often. Only ever knew a handful of people who ever played it, which is a shame because I actually bought the expansion when it came out.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

First mission is very tough. The AI is a monster! I finished this game back in 2003. On Normal level. On Legendary it's way to tough. That's the chalenge and the fun of it though.

Good tips, thanks in advance. I just finished wathcing Platoon, so I'm ready to take it on (lol).

TTYL
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Green Berets was unbelievibly hard. Once I get a new computer, I will try to upload a Myth 1.7+ ready version of Green Berets, compatible with the two Green Berets third party Multiplayer plugins.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

1st mission LEGENDARY is way to hard. I can't make it past the artillary. Get blasted to pieces every time. I finished HEROIC back in the day but LEGENDARY that is the ultimate in getting your butt kicked. Good luck. I've never done MP so when your there maybe we can have a Fire Fight or any one else wanting a fight. =)
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Pretty sure I've beaten the game on legendary before. I played it a few months or so back and kept getting raped on the 2nd mission though. Gotta take your time, but if you take too much time, more and more waves keep coming.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

I 'm impressed!!! LEGENDARY is so $$$$$ hard. Thanks for the tip. Ill keep up a faster pace. I thought the waves would stop after 100 kills, but NO. They taunt and laugh at me. Gerrrr... I see them in my sleep. If I cant make it past this and mission two is tougher thatn I'm toast (LOL) FUBAR as it were.

Thanks.
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

Mission 1 complete... Damn artillery. On to the next mission. Great game is all I can say....
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

Mission 4. Is HARDCORE!!!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I thought 2 and 3 were the biggest PITAs on Legendary. Though I only mostly played on normal and lower.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Cosmo1964

Post by Cosmo1964 »

PITAs ??? What is that? LOL. Yeah the enemy waves never cease. The AI is really good which is why I like it so much. The AI seems to zero in on you almost all of the time. Good thing I can save a game right....