Bungie (Mostly MYTH Related) Video Thread

Talk about anything here.
Vindicator

Bungie (Mostly MYTH Related) Video Thread

Post by Vindicator »

I am looking For a certain Bungie video from a few years ago. I used to watch this video every now and then and it was really good. I was telling my friend about it and he wanted to watch it, and now I can not find it on youtube or anywhere on my HD.

It was a video about the history of bungie, and it starts with GNOP! and goes through Operation desert storm, to Minotaur, to Pathways, to Myth and beyond. Alex Seropian talks about stealing floppys back when he was at Microsoft to make copies of Desert Storm.
Alex also mentions one time when they got a fax order for $50,000 worth of Pathways into darkness. Alex then says they used the money to hire a few people. Later on in the video, they interview a few recent or current Bungie employees about Myth. Alex talks about how "People really liked Myth" Jaime Griesemer talks about how "Myth looked really good for its time, it still does" He says. They also interview Chris Butcher, but I can't remember what he says about myth. It was a really well made video! it looked like it was an IGN video or something and they had a series about the history of different game companys, and this was the Bungie one. I looked for HOURS yesterday to locate it on youtube and my HD. The youtube search is allmost WORTHLESS now a days.

Could anybody help me with a link to this video, or at least tell me who made it?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Vindicator on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
remedial

Re: Looking For a certain Bungie video. The History of

Post by remedial »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ryDOYgZ0e0

This? Pardon if it's not the best version out there- but I saw no others.
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

no its not O brave new world. Its like 10 or 15 mins long. Thanks for posting though. VR or Godz, you guys have tons of myth/bungie related stuff saved up.
Do you guys know where I can find it?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Yes there really ought to be a video repository for myth-related things, whether official interviews like that or notable fan-made creations.

I remember an old early-2000s era flash vid featuring dancing mauls, warlocks flying on a fireball, Pallor singing & other stuff, very funny it was. Could I find it now if I looked? Not likely, and there's many others like it.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

Iron, that video is called "Hey LOL" I have it if you want it. Maybe I will make a Google Drive account for myth and bungie (NON F-ING HALO RELATED!!!!) Videos thats public, so we all can DL and UL...UL do people ever say that for Upload? ha

BTW I found the video I was looking for hiding on my hardrive. Only took me like 8 hours of intense hunting through 100000000 files to find it.

here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2WbIdD- ... E79EFEFEFE
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Some videos are on the udogs hotline and others were on the Myth Vault which is no longer around due to spambots taking over and getting the axe. People can just upload the missing ones on the hotline and then that would be enough to link from there.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:Some videos are on the udogs hotline and others were on the Myth Vault which is no longer around due to spambots taking over and getting the axe. People can just upload the missing ones on the hotline and then that would be enough to link from there.
I've got a lot of videos in my archives too(including the Hey LOL one, not sure about the interview I'll have to check), I haven't made the videos available from the graveyard yet, but it's in the works. I have a lot more free time than I used to so I've been doing a lot of enhancements to the graveyard, including finally organizing everything so once I have all the movs isolated I will start cataloging them.

So it won't be linked tomorrow, but if anyone uploads things to udogs and wants to shoot me a link/fyi I'll grab a copy so there's another backup copy. and eventually it will be searchable on the mythgraveyard and have a thumbnail/description and all that kinda stuff.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I'll BRB......G2GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

iron wrote:Yes there really ought to be a video repository for myth-related things, whether official interviews like that or notable fan-made creations.

I remember an old early-2000s era flash vid featuring dancing mauls, warlocks flying on a fireball, Pallor singing & other stuff, very funny it was. Could I find it now if I looked? Not likely, and there's many others like it.
Here it is
http://myth.bungie.org/misc/videos/egad.swf

Does anybody know what the Deimos text at the beginning came from?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

It's the second one.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Eddaweaver wrote:
iron wrote:I remember an old early-2000s era flash vid featuring dancing mauls, warlocks flying on a fireball, Pallor singing & other stuff, very funny it was. Could I find it now if I looked? Not likely, and there's many others like it.
Here it is
http://myth.bungie.org/misc/videos/egad.swf
Turns out it was in the udogs hotline after all, probably no one bothered to search for "egad".

Another copy has popped up in some folder for videos in the uploads directory.