Saving veterns in Twice Born - Game Play

Talk about anything here.
Brett Frazier

Post by Brett Frazier »

I have 4 archers that I have nurtured all the way thru. One has 100 kills and another has 96. Yet under twice born, they show up under one of the non-controllable groups. any way to keep them w/ Alric? I want to keep them to the end. At least my 3 vetern dwarves are still w/ me.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Wait just a minute here! This post prompted me to look in Loathing at the Twice Born mesh, and it seems that you have taken it upon yourselves to make Twice Reborn the permanent replacement for the level. It must have been done in 1.5.1, or else I just missed it before because I haven't played the Myth II solo campaign since I downloaded 1.5.

I am not happy about this change. if I wanted to play Twice Reborn I would download the plugin, stick it in my plugins folder, and play it. Do what you want as far as bug fixes, gameplay tweaks, and mapmaking additions, but please do not rescript my game. I bought Myth II, and I expect to play Myth II unless I turn on a plugin. I liked it just fine the way Bungie made it, and I would prefer for it to stay that way.

A-Red

P.S. This also answers the veteran question. In the original, the only vets were in the controllable group.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Well technically speaking you could make a plugin of the original and play that.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

I'll do it!

::Makes plugin of original Twice Born::

Ok... Who wants to download it? :p

D'oh :blush:
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

No changes to the Twice Born level have been done in 1.5.1, 1.5.1 does not change any of the tags, and will not do so. The previous changes to the tags are to remain that way, at least in 1.5.1.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

You shouldn't have to make a plugin of the original because it was part of the game. But apparently I'm a little late. When exactly was this change made?

A-Red
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Sav

Post by Sav »

No, TZ, Twice Born was changed in 1.4, about a year and a half ago.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

And this was done because of notes saying that twice reborn is what Bungie had tried to do in the original version of the map but failed if I can remember correctly.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

oh. Fair enough. I'm still going to miss my 23-level veteran arcs when they die though.

A-Red
Sav

Post by Sav »

When the change was made, all the vets should have been kept with the central force.

There are enough scripting errors in various levels that a plug to fix all the scripting issues in all the standard maps would make some sense.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

makes sense to me, but im not on the "development team". I'll leave it for someone else.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

to me that'd make a lot of sense, along with including the 2 best PRASP maps as standard.

however, this has been discussed previously, and the vote was pretty much that no Patch 1.5.1 would be made.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

gonna miss the veteran symbols that overcrowd the flavor txt bar?
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"