Steam Greenlight is a last chance for MYTH II

Talk about anything here.
brah

Steam Greenlight is a last chance for MYTH II

Post by brah »

http://store.steampowered.com/about/
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/
Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community’s help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution. Steam Greenlight also helps developers get feedback from potential customers and start creating an active community around their game during the development process.

That system is last real chance for MYTH to take second breathe.
Project Magma can represent Myth community, and work with Valve and Take2 to release acceptable version in Steam if game take greenlight.
Main question is Take2. They own Brand, they decide, and yes - they didnt do anything good for MYTH but this time we just wanna "Yes" for releasing in Steam. Simple on words.

If we make it - that will be biggest success to MYTH II since release in 1998.
Renwood with his Three Stooges developer team cant do anything.

This garbage already make way in Steam.

And 26 titles (with the same quality) coming soon.

I believe. We can make it.
punkUser
Site Admin

Re: Steam Greenlight is a last chance for MYTH II

Post by punkUser »

I agree it's pretty interesting, but none of us would be allowed to post it there - that would have to be something that Take 2 does. Which puts us back in the situation of having to get in touch with someone there that actually cares and thinks anything Myth-related is worth the effort (profit-wise).
brah

Post by brah »

punkUser wrote:I agree it's pretty interesting, but none of us would be allowed to post it there - that would have to be something that Take 2 does. Which puts us back in the situation of having to get in touch with someone there that actually cares and thinks anything Myth-related is worth the effort (profit-wise).
We can talk to Valve first, they always open for dialoge. Mb they help with Take2. Project Magma can release MYTH under their name - problem is copyrights and money from sales. We just need MYTH in Steam, Take2 take all money, no tech support etc. - no worries for them. Its possible.

MYTH is platinum game, unique in its kind. Metacritic score is 91/100 for TFL and 88/100 for SB, many players still remember MYTH and they will vote and pay. Also game run perfect on modern systems. If Valve pay attention to us and support game we will make it.

But thats not personal question. Project Magma have weight, they support game for many years. They can represent myth community. Who, if not PM ?

Christmas soon btw.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Saying it's no problem is easier than actually DOING it though, since the legal ramifications would fall upon the members of PM, not the people who say 'just do it, it will be fine'.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

We're more likely to have luck persuading Valve to buy Myth than to get Take2 to re-release it on Steam :?
Road

Post by Road »

I read more about the project and found that Steam will present the idea to the company which is rather nice...anyone contact Steam about the idea yet?
brah

Post by brah »

Well.
Saying it's no problem is easier than actually DOING it though, since the legal ramifications would fall upon the members of PM, not the people who say 'just do it, it will be fine'.
Releasing game in Steam is one big problem and this forum is last place to find people who can unite and at least TRY to do it.
It's a real chance. Hopes die last.

I read more about the project and found that Steam will present the idea to the company which is rather nice...anyone contact Steam about the idea yet?
I repeat. That's not personal question. Project Magma have weight, they support game for many years. They can represent myth community. If they can't handle it - nobody can, or i'm wrong ?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

there's no community government, there are no 'representatives', just people who love myth. and imo the people who love myth - as a group/collective - are not particularly fond of reason or logic or making reasonable decisions.

as evidenced by the recent Kickstarter campaign, almost any significant event/project/idea in the community crystalizes around the personalities involved. that's not to say the only reason a project/event/idea fails is because of personality issues - there are plenty of other perfectly valid reasons for projects to fail (and some projects have both and fail on both), but even really good sound ideas often fail to get the support they logically 'should'.

if we were having an election to choose someone to pitch this to valve, i'd vote for someone who has some professional marketing experience or experience pitching project ideas/raising funds.
brah

Post by brah »

vinylrake wrote:there's no community government, there are no 'representatives', just people who love myth. and imo the people who love myth - as a group/collective - are not particularly fond of reason or logic or making reasonable decisions.

as evidenced by the recent Kickstarter campaign, almost any significant event/project/idea in the community crystalizes around the personalities involved. that's not to say the only reason a project/event/idea fails is because of personality issues - there are plenty of other perfectly valid reasons for projects to fail (and some projects have both and fail on both), but even really good sound ideas often fail to get the support they logically 'should'.

if we were having an election to choose someone to pitch this to valve, i'd vote for someone who has some professional marketing experience or experience pitching project ideas/raising funds.
It's disappointing news. So nobody will take this duty ?

People talk about buying MYTH for years. LOL.
Take2 is non-friendly transnational corporation with hundreds millions revenue. They dont care about MYTH, so may be they make game freeware (like that happen with Rockstar games - GTA and GTA 2). That's kinda delusional idea yeah but not much ways anyway.
brah

Post by brah »

Can we create "community government" ?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

brah wrote:It's disappointing news. So nobody will take this duty ?
I didn't say that. I was just saying there is no 'organization' to this very loose-knit (and unravelling) community, so there can't really be any 'official representatives'.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

vinylrake wrote: I didn't say that. I was just saying there is no 'organization' to this very loose-knit (and unravelling) community, so there can't really be any 'official representatives'.
Yep, just a bunch of Thrall meandering about without any Fallen to direct them to battle.
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GHOST® wrote:Yep, just a bunch of Thrall meandering about without any Fallen to direct them to battle.
too much will to be thrall, maybe more like a bunch of myrks - not looking for anyone (fallen or otherwise) to direct them/us. or feral kittens mb. myrks and kittens both notoriously hard to get to follow directions.
brah

Post by brah »

ОК.
As I say - Take2 is non-friendly transnational corporation with hundreds millions revenue. They dont care about MYTH, so may be they make game freeware. Chance is delusional but depends on contact person. So let's try find right contact. People here have some friends in game industry, so may be that's help. But first pick people. My point of view - talking with Take2 and/or Valve under Project Magma name (no other meaningful names in our community).

So first of all - Who will be our negotiators ?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

I don't know all the details, but this has been tried several times over the years. That's not to dash hopes... a lot of us still hope that we'll eventually get something like this... but just the reality. People have not just been sitting on their hands, but the situation with Take 2 is not a simple one. They basically don't see enough money in Myth to spend *any* amount of time on it... even the amount that it would take to say "ok" to something legally.