Wonky terries scoring

Talk about anything here.
Baron LeDant

Wonky terries scoring

Post by Baron LeDant »

Hey guys

Unfortunately I do not have the film but can you tell me who won this game please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNLypGbf7s

LN's team seemed to tag 5 flags first in this game which is how I believed ties were broken in terries, however the tied game is marked as a win for my team. Their team also had the last lead in flags 4-2, the only explanation I can come up with for this result is that the tie is in fact broken by who managed to capture a flag last.

Any insight? Hopefully this is simply a 1.7.X issue.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
punkUser
Site Admin

Re: Wonky terries scoring

Post by punkUser »

Will try and check this out in the next few days if I have time. Not that it seems hard to reproduce, but could you ask someone who played to attach the film here (zipped I think) to a reply so I can look at the specific case?
£N

Post by £N »

Fantastic series, btw, Dant. I quite enjoyed the back and forth. Here's a zip of the film.
Attachments
Netgame- Jan 19 14.13.15 2013.zip
Here ya go!
(69.87 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

While the red team was the last one to have 4 flags before tying the game in the last second, the white team was the last one to have 5 flags. So Myth likely decides tiebreakers by which team had the most flags last and not who had more flags before the tie.

The last time Magma changed scoring for Terries was in 1.5.1. Don't know what the change was, but terries scoring hasn't been altered since then.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Dantski, apparently history repeats itself. :D

EDIT: Oops. I did not notice that thread was a private thread. This was Dant's post for the curious.
Baron LeDant wrote:I thought it had been fixed in 1.5.1 or something but a game yesterday seemed to confirm otherwise.

I unfortunately forgot to save the film so I'll retell what happened.

We played Creep Terries (6 flags) and the other team quickly got into a 4-2 flag lead, after some fighting they tagged another to make it 5-1. Now by tagging all but one flag first, they should be winners in the case of a tie in flags.

Just before the end of the game, our team then went into a 4-2 lead before the game ended at 3-3. Perm clearly showed our team as the winner.

So Terries should sort ties by whoever tagged the most flags first, but it appears in that game that it went by who had the lead last time before the flags were tied.

So is this simply a one off or is terries still broken? And if yes, is there any chance of it being rectified in a final 1.6?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Ok taking into account my 2 different views (albeit 6 years apart!) I have no damn idea how ties are sorted.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I decided to test how the tiebreaker happens in Terries under 1.3.0 and 1.5.0. As stated earlier the current tiebreaker was done for 1.5.1 to fix a 1.5.0 issue. Under 1.3.0, it appeared to behave as what we have it now where the last team to have the most flags wins the tie. Under 1.5.0, the team that had the most flags first would always win the tiebreaker.