A big Thank You! - Getting Myth(s) Working

Talk about anything here.
Jamms

Post by Jamms »

For some reason, I was looking at my old copies of Myth 1 & 2 on my shelf for the umpteenth time over the last few years and finally decided to try and load them up on my XP Pro SP2 machine. A few years ago, I was running the games on my old Power PC.

The last few days have been hell trying to get them to work, but finally today I managed to get Myth TFL up and working.

I was just about to dig my old 3dfx card out and plug it into my machine in desperation, but I got the graphics working in Software mode OK. 640 x 480 took some getting used to, but WTF, it worked!

Imagine my surprise when I loaded beta 1.5 and all of a sudden I was running at a much higer resolution! Absolutely cracking piece of programming.

Thankyou very much Project Magma. You have done some great work here and you all deserve a great big slap on the back. I don't know about the technical side of things, but if you ever manage to get it running under hardware acceleration on the PC then I'll completely go berserk! As it is the missus is not going to like this one bit, bye-bye quality time for a while....