Kickstarter potential

Talk about anything here.
mindfad

Kickstarter potential

Post by mindfad »

Hello all,

So I have playing myth on and off for years now after my obsession with it when i first discovered it years ago. With all of the recent old games being revitalized on kickstarter. Has there been any effort to see if Take2 is actually interested in running there own kickstarter for it?

While the kickstarter that done in 10/12 was a nice thought, it was poorly broadcasted and it obviously failed to settle qualms the ks creators had with there most important resource this community that has kept this game going for years. But seeing where the other thread went, i dont want to hash up any of that mess up.

But i am curious if there has been some concerted effort to see if there is a possibility of this happening by Take2. If it was broadcasted well, i dont see why it would have at least a chance. Especially if take2 took the reign and it was showcased at ign and gamepspot, posted on forums etc...
mindfad

Re: Kickstarter potential

Post by mindfad »

well been scanning the old threads for more info on my OP. Does seem kinda like the license is in a kinda of permanent limbo and that not much hope of anything happening is likely. Well what a bummer.... a close enough remake of torment,fallout and baldurs gate went through if we got myth on there lol i could die happy. Not sure if im more disappointed about learning more about this or learning there was gonna be a fallout tactics two that was scrapped and than Fallout new vegas or whatever was made sealing that franchises fate..
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

mindfad wrote:
... While the kickstarter that done in 10/12 was a nice thought, it was poorly broadcasted ...
Yeah,

it was veeerryyyy poorly broadcasted ...

first, because the protagonist, Ren Wood returned to the forum, disguised with another nickname;

second, ren wood is an ex member who was banned. and returned without authorization of the adminstrators.
and this generated a lot absence of confidence, Ren Wood and your staff "quick starter", appeared of nothing, offering something big and not permitting us digest, and giving us a term/a time to put money in their hand.
giving at say us : " trust us, we are the saviors of Myth."

Now, we are not going to re-stir in dry shit because will stink more.

Julio
mindfad

Post by mindfad »

i guess my point of asking was to see if this was something to check up on. I honestly could care less about the battle of egos that happened in that kickstarter or really why it failed. I said it was a good try but had its issues.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

mindfad wrote:i guess my point of asking was to see if this was something to check up on. I honestly could care less about the battle of egos that happened in that kickstarter or really why it failed. I said it was a good try but had its issues.
:D

ah ah, "battle of egos" Do not make me laugh. Image

ah ah, "...but had its issues" ??
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Well, the reason it hasn't happened.

Take 2 still owns the rights, and they don't really care. They'd rather sit on them unless someone comes to them with a huge amount of money.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

I believe that the staff of the "quick starter" maybe have good "Myth" plugins, units, scenarios, and so on.
but the problem is that both these as Take 2.

I appeal to the staff of "quick starter" release the plugins "unfinished" what you did,

Julio
Last edited by juliocpaes on Sat May 11, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Part of the kickstarter team just released a tagset of high res units. check thegjol.com
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:Part of the kickstarter team just released a tagset of high res units. check thegjol.com
good, I did not know about it.

Julio
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

You know, no one seems to be able to even talk to Take Two/Rockstar whoever the hell owns Myth now.

We can't even get a meeting with someone to arrange a meeting with higher up someones to even open a discussion.

It's just not likely to happen.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"While the kickstarter that done in 10/12 was a nice thought, it was poorly broadcasted"

That was the absolute least of its problems.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em