Offering free voice acting to map makers

Talk about anything here.
jason_ac

Offering free voice acting to map makers

Post by jason_ac »

So, I played Myth long ago, messing around with it again. Of course, I love it :)

My main non-work activity is acting (sometimes paid for it), mostly in indie films...indie features, short films, student films, local commercials, PSAs, etc.

If anyone wants some voice acting work done for their project, get in touch.

I do not, however, have a studio, or professional gear, it would just be what I am able to do in my home.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
juliocpaes

Re: Offering free voice acting to map makers

Post by juliocpaes »

jason_ac wrote:So, I played Myth long ago, messing around with it again. Of course, I love it :)

My main non-work activity is acting (sometimes paid for it), mostly in indie films...indie features, short films, student films, local commercials, PSAs, etc.

If anyone wants some voice acting work done for their project, get in touch.

I do not, however, have a studio, or professional gear, it would just be what I am able to do in my home.
Hi Jason,

I think you're the ideal person to help JJ Dante in " Myth film looking for help (music and art)" please look here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... 912#p64912

Julio
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Post an audio file of your voice saying "Against my better judgment, I opened the Codex last night to a random page and read about the life of a man not yet born, who would resurrect the Myrkridia and visit horrors on the world without equal in history or myth. I believed every word."
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Omicron wrote:Post an audio file of your voice saying...
Who is the character that is saying this? Like the narrator from the games?
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Very good, that was what you should have asked.

You have just witnessed men being slaughtered, but this has been your life for the past year. However, your commander just entrusted you with an important item, and you are surprised that he choose you. You know that you may have been the right choice, but now you have the burden of the fate of the future.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Omicron wrote:Very good, that was what you should have asked.
LOL, I know what I'm doing ;) I may not have the right voice for this character, but I know what I'm doing.

So, I'm a warrior? How old am I? Am I more rookie (draftee for the past year) or am I a seasoned career veteran?

And what's the context? Who am I saying this to? Another character? A group of men? Where am I? Mulling over a drink in a tavern? Or am I fulfilling the narrator function? (all this is to have it be with the right emotional state, intensity, volume, energy, etc) Do you have any specific emotions in mind?
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

The point is so that people who might need the voice acting, might be me, I don't know, could be VinylRake, can have an example of what you sound like. You are the one in the audition, you give what you think would sound best.

Try a couple variations so that everyone can see what you can do.

I am not trying to be difficult, I am happy you are offering to do some voice clips, and if you sound good that is even better. But give us an example.

EDIT: You probably enjoy what you do, and like to do it well. But we are chill around here, so I don't think we need to go for every detail in the sample.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

I'll wait until someone's actually casting.

Developing characters/voices, & making good recordings, takes time. I'm busy, & this is free. Perhaps no one is ever casting. Or not for another 6 months, and maybe I'm too busy to act then. Either way, I wasted time on the demo.

And "generic auditions" are never the best. Some directors hear/see things and foolishly decide "well that wasn't what I already had in my head (that the actor didn't know about), but since it didn't sound like that secret vision, I can't use him." Too many directors assume you can only do 1 thing, and only do it 1 way.

When someone has a specific character, in a specific context, then I'd make variations of that character, to see if any of my voices can fit a creator's idea of a character.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Omicron wrote:The point is so that people who might need the voice acting, might be me, I don't know, could be VinylRake...
Just for the record, I am not looking to cast any voice actors in the foreseeable future.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

If you are interested, I always wanted a multiplayer announcer for Deadfall. So far I haven't found anyone that has clicked for me. If you want to stop by udogs, we can chat it out, and see if you're interested.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

How many characters can you do?

I'm keen to hear the sample as Omi suggested. More to hear the quality of your recording, not the quality of your acting skill or voice. You said you're working from home. That standard might not be quality enough for my project, but I'd be keen to hear a sample to better make that call. If I like it, and you're game, I've got an entire game's worth of voice acting you could do for me were you willing. At the very least, I do want a narrator for my 25 level campaign. Which, alone, is a fuck-ton of recording, so maybe you won't be interested. A sample would be sweet though. Hell, even post up something completely unrelated to myth that you've already done on that same home system, that would do fine.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Yeah, I mean, Jason, people hardly ever say " hey myth community, I need some voice actors. Let me hear you all so I can decide which."

Let us know now what your recordings sound like so we can decide if it would work in whatever we may be doing.

You may sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger and be completely wrong for the dwarf voice we need. You may sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger and be completely right for the project someone was thinking of doing but didn't have the motivation yet. Come on, work with us here.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Ok, I think I changed my mind. If anyone is available to do an Arnold Schwartzeneggar Dwarf voice I might have some work for you.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I want that plugin.