55%
This idea should be looked into.
27%
I do not like this idea.
18%

Total votes: 11

brokencow

Post by brokencow »

Problem: Games are constantly canceled. Players do it all the time out of frustration. The result of this is that many players get stuck waiting for long periods of time, only to finnally cancel and realize the game has been rehosted and has now already started (and they've lost their place).

It also seems that canceling games can either delay them, or sometimes entirely keep them from counting.

Solution: Get rid of the cancel button for when the game ends, and instead put in an automatic 30 seconds time out (incase it takes too long). Maybe tweak the time, or the conditions, but if theres any way to keep games from being cancled every single time, I and others I've talked to about this, would highly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Bc

P.s. oh and did you edit the length of chat in game? Seems like i can't type as much but it might be in my head, this isn't related to the poll but I wouldn't mind it being set back to normal ;)
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I would imagine I was the cause of a bunch of those BC. Since 1.5.1 I have to cancel almost all reg games or it simply stays in 'waiting for players' screen.

The game ends, but instead of immediately going to waiting for players screen, it lags for 10 seconds with the end of game screen, then spends another 5-10 with a blank black screen then just stays on waiting for players.

Various hosts tell me that it says waiting for me, despite the fact that I've loaded.

Reinstalling didn't help : (
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Thalander

Post by Thalander »

I have had to cancel for a long time after games. It just never loads otherwise. I notice on average 1 or 2 in 10 games doesn't count.
brokencow

Post by brokencow »

Well in your case thal, under that situation you might have to wait 30 (maybe 20?) seconds for the auto cancel, or the ability to cancel, but it shouldn't really be a big deal at all. And it would still happen. And more of your games would count.

Over the last couple days I've played about 30 games ranked and maybe 22 of them have counted.
grimm

Post by grimm »

I always cancel.
Sav

Post by Sav »

If the cancel button were inactive for 20 or 30 seconds after game ends, people playing shorter games would lose a lot of play time waiting. Instead of 20 3-minute games there would only be time for 17 3.5 minute games.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I think the delay would be a good idea. One reason being that alot of canceled gameas dont count. There are ppl that use this to their advantage. I have seen some ppl everytime they lose they hit quit/cancel as soon as they hear game over.
brokencow

Post by brokencow »

I think you are forgetting the most important part here Sav, 30 second time out is the MAX timeout. Most games with no one canceling would enter into post game flawlessly, and take even less time then it does to start a game (since that has to deal with map loading). Basically with no one canceling, it would barely have to wait for anyone. IT would go much faster.