Windows 10 taskbar won't go away

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
KernelPanic

Windows 10 taskbar won't go away

Post by KernelPanic »

Hi,

First, thanks for all of the hard work keeping this alive. I have enjoyed these games since they came out and still have my original CDs, but I could not have made them playable on my new PC without this project.

Second, I am having a small, but annoying, problem. I have installed the latest Myth II update and everything seems to be working very well. I have played the tutorial and the first mission without any trouble. Except for one thing: The Windows taskbar won't go away in full screen mode. Because of this, nothing happens when I move my mouse down, and I can't see the very bottom of the game where the formation icons are (because it is under the taskbar). I tried making the taskbar autohide but of course when I try to move down the taskbar just pops up again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

KP
juliocpaes

Re: Windows 10 taskbar won't go away

Post by juliocpaes »

KernelPanic wrote:Hi,

First, thanks for all of the hard work keeping this alive. I have enjoyed these games since they came out and still have my original CDs, but I could not have made them playable on my new PC without this project.

Second, I am having a small, but annoying, problem. I have installed the latest Myth II update and everything seems to be working very well. I have played the tutorial and the first mission without any trouble. Except for one thing: The Windows taskbar won't go away in full screen mode. Because of this, nothing happens when I move my mouse down, and I can't see the very bottom of the game where the formation icons are (because it is under the taskbar). I tried making the taskbar autohide but of course when I try to move down the taskbar just pops up again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

KP
Hello bro KernelPanic,

the screen resolution of your monitor matches with preferences / graphic / resolution of game ???

for sample, my screen resolution of my monitor is 1920 x 1080, so I set preferences in the game to match.

try this. :)
Attachments
preferences.png
preferences.png (403.64 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
KernelPanic

Post by KernelPanic »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did make sure that they were the same - its 1920x1080 just like yours on both my display and the game settings. I also tried both DirectX and OpenGL as well as software rendering. I also tried changing to a few other in game resolutions, no luck.
KernelPanic

Post by KernelPanic »

Soooooo..... simple fix. I restarted Windows Explorer from the Task Manager and the problem went away. I don't know why I didn't try that or a restart to begin with, but there you go. Thanks again for your help.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Curious if you were using windowed, automatic or fullscreen mode in preferences when this happened. I generally recommend "windowed" if you are on a newer machine, and certainly for win10.