Crash on windows

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
spoon

Crash on windows

Post by spoon »

Hey guys

I experienced an interesting bug/crash on my new windows machine (i feel dirty saying it). Im attaching the crash log but when i try to post the recording, thetain website gives me a "the extension is not allowed."

The bug presented as a random window covering most of the screen upon entering the level. It had some random button sizes centered in the window. I didn't think to get a screenshot, sorry.

Cheers,
spoon
Attachments
myth_crashlog- 2019-08-18 09.31.37.txt
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Crash on windows

Post by Melekor »

If you put the recording in a zip file, the forum will allow it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Are you able to reproduce this crash by redoing what you did before? If you can, then we should be able to get the issue fixed.

The log suggests to me that you might have some corrupted data. You also have some files in your local folder that might be doing weird stuff.
spoon

Post by spoon »

interesting. I can reproduce the error but its not very consistent. Sometimes, on opening Myth and starting a new single player game for the first time after booting the computer, the error occurs. Ill grab some screen shots next time it happens. Attaching the recording
Attachments
crash8-18-2019-log.zip
(344 Bytes) Downloaded 232 times
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Based on the log, my first suggestions would be to

1) empty out your local folder
2) do a data integrity check as explained in this thread
spoon

Post by spoon »

I should really just start looking at my local file before I post anything. Its always the local file. :facepalm: