Myth II 1.8.4 Released!

Talk about anything here.
Deceiver

Re: Myth II 1.8.4 Released!

Post by Deceiver »

Could we get the game to truly run in "true" full-screen mode? because as is now, hot corners of macOS settings interfere when you bring the mouse to the corners of the monitor when playing the game. Would be nice if it could be fixed :>
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:10 am Could we get the game to truly run in "true" full-screen mode? because as is now, hot corners of macOS settings interfere when you bring the mouse to the corners of the monitor when playing the game. Would be nice if it could be fixed :>
The problem with "true" full-screen mode is that it disables Cmd-Tab. To make that work, we have to detect it ourselves and have custom code to get out of full screen and then back in, when we become active again. I mean, it's doable since other games do it, but it would be a big change to do.

There might be some third-party utilities that can disable hot-corners when a certain app is running that you could use.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

thanks for the reply. So big change for you guys, not worth it for a future update? id easily switch out command tab for true fullscreen :)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Deceiver wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:59 am thanks for the reply. So big change for you guys, not worth it for a future update? id easily switch out command tab for true fullscreen :)
I mean, "worth it" is an interesting question. It's a mac-specific change and I'm the person that's been working on that code historically and currently I don't have much time to work on Myth and am not super motivated by the feature request since I personally don't use hot corners. And we don't have any active development on another update at the moment either. So probably unlikely in the immediate future, so if it's important to you, probably best to just use a third party utility to disable them while Myth is running.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

I one hundred percent understand and respect that. I thought maybe it was a few minutes of work to release a patch or something that could fix that. I'm not a coder myself so I have zero clue :)