MAzzarin's Demise V - Coming soon

Talk about anything here.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

By now most Myth players are familiar with the Mazzarin’s Demise series, so to describe the upcoming 5th installment, I’ll just list some numbers and facts.

An enemy force of nearly 6,000 units – far more than Mazz 4 and RotD combined. Up to 350 enemies at a time, rushing the best lines of defense you can muster.

64 different monster types (the limit for Myth II 1.5.1. and twice the variety of Mazz 4) including five brand units by Khellek (the creator of the Wraith in Mazz 4), redone high-resolution units by Iron Duke, and units by Discman, ported from ‘The Woods out Back’.

75 artifacts, ranging from common to super rare weapons and spectacular spells, making no two games ever the same.

Over 1,700 carefully crafted custom tags with Fear work done by some of the special effects masters, such as Silicon Dream, Jagman and GHOST.

A map size with 2.25 times the area of Mazz 4 (necessary to fit all the enemy units!).

Difficulties ranging from winnable playing solo on timid, to ultra-challenging on Heroic, and epileptic-seizure-causing on Legendary. A contest similar to the others in the Mazz series will be held.

Project begun in early December 2004. Since then there have been over 50 betas to tweak and perfect game play, and roughly 150 full game tests with an average of eight players per game. A testimony to the re-playability of the map is the testing group is yet to get bored playing it even after a half year of constant testing.

And the answer to probably the top question people are wondering: yes, it’ll still take roughly two hours to win – though most games on Legendary will be a lot shorter than that.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I really think you should give Mazz a Sgt. Johnson style narration at the start. And like Halo, it should change with the difficulty. (no I'm not a mindless Halo noob, but I really like that kind of shit).

I was about to ask if Mazz IV was the last of the line actually - thanks for piquing my interest! You guys rock.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
donjasjit

Post by donjasjit »

Wow, when can I get my grubby hands on it.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

post screeeenshots?? :;):
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

The testers aren't bored? It must rule. I hope you play it every night, just to please them.

DA
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Omg mazz V?? Wow, It must have really strong trow or something?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I think seeing that I have a black thrall named after, I should get a sneak peak :D
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Shocker

Post by Shocker »

Bah. How hard can it be? I'll beat it solo on leg within a week of release! Maybe. o.O What's a few more enemy units, after all? >_>
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

This sounds 1337.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I can see many a netgame where people will be smacking their heads because the F1 key won't work.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

: chuckles at Ara and Shocker :

When you going to let the cat out of the bag CP?

Can't wait to play your _final_ version ;)
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

man why didnt I get a chuckle?!
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Well it seems the watchers forces keep getting more numerous and mazzarins keep getting stronger. Tho i still wonder how mazz got a mortor on his side and if it is the explanation you gave how come he didnt get forest giants or trow on his side so long story short... Cool
fear

Post by fear »

so when do we get to test it? :D I'm a pretty good mazz player, and can hold my own for quite a while with a good solid team behind me. I don't even care if all I get to test with is archers, because to me, archers are the most important units (duff, wraith, lock, morts, souls, trow killers[ya, i said trow killers! slaying arrow bish!]). Just wanting an update on the time frame of this getting to the non-magma people, or even the magma testers(w/ the priv forum area) :D

Give me something else b4 oz spams me to test sf2 and do tons of work for him :D
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

This plugin has been under severe testing for over 8 months now Fear. When it's out, it's not in testing phase.. its' ready. And good luck to you ;) (PS, Archers ARE the most important unit... everyone should protect them at all costs...especially with some of the new bows availale)