There's this guy - called Murgen, or Maeldun

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cid and I are looking to make a few levels. Not a campaign, maybe... I dunno, it's tentative. But we want to do some co-op stages based on TFL.

We're wondering:

One of the Nine is depicted in several pregame pics from TFL and just assorted artwork as well.
We're not sure if he's Maeldun or Murgen, so if anyone can tell us what these two look like, that'll be sweet.

How can I describe him best - the two units I've seen that match him best are Boncuar out of Homeland, and the pyromancer out of Mazz 5.
We're just wondering who he is, is all.

Cheers.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

If you're talking about the guy in the robe holding a staff and wearing an amulet, I'm pretty sure that's Murgen. He was supposed to be one of the more mage-like of the Avatara (possibly the best of all when it came to pure magic). I've always thought Maeldun was more of a warrior type.
Mauglir
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

To my knowledge, Murgen looked alot like Alric during his early days, and Maeldun is robed, with a staff, amulet and a hat that curves backwards. If you watch the prologe for Gate of Storms, it shows a drawing of all 3 of them, and I always assumed they were listed from left to right.

Anyhow, I would VERY much like to see them made corporeal. If I can assist you in any way, such as story, editing, or voice acting, let me know.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
Horus

Post by Horus »

From Left to right

Rabican, Murgen and Maeldun
Lord Thanos

Post by Lord Thanos »

Thats the one. Thanks for providing that drawing Horus, I've always wanted it.
Thanos A.K.A "Ravanosh"
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Aha.See that's the thing, I was lazy and assumed it was Alric because basically it looks like him.

It's odd though, I never pictured Maeldun as a cloak-kind of guy. From that one flavour (about the pirates from Leix) he sounds like he's a mighty general, not a - well, wussy magician.
But I'm happy to be proven wrong, so long as I can actually confirm what he looks like.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Im pretty sure maeldun rules all. And you should definitely make some maeldun related stuff. Do it.

-DA
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Heh. In 'official' terms, I quit mapmaking. But Cid and I have been chewing over a lot of ideas. Who knows - but we're pretty certain that we won't be making any big things in the future, unless one of us has the sense to learn how to 3D model. I'm thinking it'll be Cid. :D