Myth2 under linux

Talk about anything here.
Kjell Kamsvag

Post by Kjell Kamsvag »

Hello, everybody. I have a friend who's having problems with getting his Myth2 to run under Linux. Anyone else running Myth2 under Linux here?

Regards

Kjell Kamsvag
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

From what I understand the installer scripts no longer work properly in modern-day linux.

We do have a 1.5 port to linux in progress, however can't offer an ETA on when it may be finished as yet :\
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Kamsvag

Post by Kamsvag »

Thanx for a quick reply :-)

//Kjell
Industry

Post by Industry »

I have run it on a RedHat 7.2 machine. A 2.4 kernel, glibc 2.1 and GNOME. The handy setup shell script did everything nicely. Although a couple times it bombed out on me, but I think that was more the crummy CD-ROM drive I was using to install it.

What problem is your friend having?
Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter »

Hi.

I wrote a guide to install Myth2 on Linux but... in French ! (http://lo.koudou.org/linux/myth2.html). Maybe it could help you.

To sum it, you have to install the game (full size) with

Code: Select all

sh /mnt/cdrom/setup
. The game has to be update to the 1.3e version.

Then you have to remove the cutscenes directory and umount the cd to play because movies make the game crash.

Unfortunatly I didn't find a way to make OpenGL work.[/color]
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Thanks for the update Sharp. We'd really love to have the linux version updated to 1.5.1, however the people who've been working on the port really haven't come through for us :\

For a good C programmer who knows SDL, OpenGL and probably OpenAL it shouldn't be a terribly hard task either.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth III Dev was slowly heading the Linux way until stuff stopped and I heard rumours Flying Flip was dead...can't say I know anything more about Myth games on Linux