Halo conversion? - like Halogen for Command & Conquer

Talk about anything here.
Richie

Post by Richie »

That would be cool to see on Myth (1, 2 or 3)
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

1.5.1 is out... It might be better to see it on that. Perhaps even more so if it was 1.5.2 version 274. There is a Blood Gulch map that is being made, I believe. Also, I thought I saw someone say a halo conversion is in the works, but maybe I am crazy.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cid reckons he wants to make a tagset (with multi. weapons, ala Syndicate). He's trying to figure out how to extract stuff from Halo 2. Naughty Cid.

We also had pieced together a nice big vertical view of Blood Gulch once because we thought it'd make a neat Myth map. We still haven't done that yet, either :D
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Someone else already made a Blood Gulch map. I believe it was posted on Playmyth. Also, I'm pretty sure you would have to make the Halo units from scratch.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

i remember back in the day when ooga and ozone were helping me on my map, some one, (it might have been gleep!) came and told us of his halo unit models he was messing around with. he said he actually took models from halo 2 and put them in myth, and from the screenshots he gave us, i was very much convinced.

It had h2 mc, camo mc, warthogs, mc on warthogs, banshees, wraiths and ghosts. ooga offered to do all the amber work and all that stuff, but he didnt want to give it to him. if we could find out who he was, we should stampede and take those files! they were really somethin.

ive also started my own little halo. its been along while since ive touched it, but i made a plasma rifle and all the human weapons. i also made a plasma grenade, and it stuck to units. i couldnt get it to explode tho. but if a halo for myth was going to be made, i think we should all pitch in and make some good stuff! ducking mc's and hella guns!
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"Someone else already made a Blood Gulch map."

DUH! That doesn't mean others can't make one too. Heck, might even be better.
I don't really think that, but me point is - why stop at one?

"I believe it was posted on Playmyth."

I avoid that place like AIDS.

"Also, I'm pretty sure you would have to make the Halo units from scratch."

... this one, just :laugh:
Of course we'd have to! Why'd ya think I mentioned Cid trying to extract things from Halo?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

Some Jinn units look similar.
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

that guy was me I guess, I didnt give out the stuff at that time because uhmm i guess I wanted to do it myself or I wasnt sure yet if I was gonna keep working on it

see other topic on this, in the mapmaking part of the forum...

I handed over everything I had to the ppl interested (lost a lot of stuff when I did something stupid that wiped out a HD)

I also gave zeph instructions on how its done (the model ripping)

so work in progress I guess.

...Giz
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

ill send you gizmo's message about exporting halo stuff. I dont have the ressources to do it AKA xbox and halo2...

Also, I rigged a masterchief in cinema 4d, if you are interested... I dont think i have the time to finish him anytime soon..
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Well, as soon as I mod my xBox...

Although that Master Chief would be nice. And a fat sword trow. :P

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™