50%
No.
36%
Silent I am and Silent I remain.
14%

Total votes: 22

Crazy Rooster

Post by Crazy Rooster »

Just was wondering how many people have read the books that Myth is loosely based on.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I haven't been able to find any books based on Myth.
I think the best way to make stories is to make them with things like Amber, Fear and Loathing...
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Lugas he meant that Myth is based on The Black Company, not the other way around.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Yeah, I just bought and read "The Black Company". And to be honest I probably would have liked it if I was 14 but today...
Some of the ideas are neat. Like burying immortals deep underground, but overall, Myth is better written.
Horus

Post by Horus »

I've read all ten current books (and yes I noticed each and every link that Myth used from BC).

I still think someone should make a full set of Black Company Solo campaigns for Myth (one campaign for each book with only new units - ie not Myth units).
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've never read it but someone showed me a passage from one of the books years ago. I remember being unimpressed.

To be honest, why bother? Myth is great, it's all these great things that people crap on about BC being, except it's got a bazillion pop culture references in it.
It's probably better anyway.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Doromas

Post by Doromas »

I agree with William on this one. I dont bother, though i would read it out of curiosity just to see that what inspired Myth. But i dont feel the need of reading it cause its prolly great too, though what people said here strenghtens my believe in Myth being better anyway.

But i agree with Horus too, new plugins are always cool :D
Tireces:
"...it is arguable that Doromas was Tireces' most brutal Forum-Admin-General... frequently deleting those who begged him for mercy... he is the reason that many guys with small number of posts no longer appear on forum boards..."
Horus

Post by Horus »

I wouldn't say either was better, I'd say both were as good as each other (both award winningly great).
Welly

Post by Welly »

I've read all 10 books (including The Silver Spike) and was a member of the Glen Cook fanlisting before it seemed to shut down. I still have my 8 Shadowmasters theory and the fates of the Taken list from back then...
Silent

Post by Silent »

Yes I've read all of the books. Bungie is not the only entity to borrow from the books. My old Army unit was known as The Black Company.
"Death is eternity. Eternity is stone. Stone is silence. Stone cannot speak but stone remembers."
Point

Post by Point »

i listened to all ten books via html-mp3 text to speech... definitely saw the inspiration to myth... the nine that were taken vs the fallen lords... etc...

all 10 books are can be found on u d o g s

and have some interesting chapters.

some of my new Art of myth units are inspired a bit by them... standard bearer mainly...

anyway i would suggest reading or listening to them if your a fan of myth.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Point unless your talking about recently uploaded files, all BC copyright material was removed from udogs a few months ago.
Slinx

Post by Slinx »

There's a book by Glen Cook called 'The Swordbearer' which in one book might be more directly related to Myth than the whole BC series.
A real enemy is someone who hates you enough to disprove what you believe, even though they may share the same beliefs.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I've read all 10 books - mb not great but a staff - woth reading. IMHO every Myther should read first 3 books ( and The silver spike ) ;)

BTW I have heard some rumors that Glen Cook is writing 2 more TBC books.
True or false ? What say ya ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Horus

Post by Horus »

It's true, but I don't see how he could do it well with the way he left it in the last book.