Cid needs encouragement. - Topic 800? No shit!

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Ok folks, I'm trying to force Cid into learning 3D modelling. Post messages of encouragement/coersion here, because I can't seem to get him to make a move!

It's settled - forcing Cid into doing things has never been quite this easy.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Oh dear.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Well, the more model makers we have in the community, the more models we'll have. That'll always be a good thing..!
(Not that I could ever get them to work, but that's beside the point...) :embarassed:

Well, one thing is out of the way. I guess I still need to make a Maeldun/Murgen/Cu Roi/Moagim/Red Terror/Whatever the hell Will is going to ask me to make!

:D
-TGP-
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Well, one thing is out of the way. I guess I still need to make a Maeldun/Murgen/Cu Roi/Moagim/Red Terror/Whatever the hell Will is going to ask me to make!

:D
-Cid-

Well....we can nick Murgen and Moagim from M3. Someone's making a Maeldun (I think?) and the others... well Cu Roi you could just do an old balding magician type of guy, and the Red Terror doesn't exist outside of TFV does it? So in reality you'd only 'need' to do one of those. Surely!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Indeed... Red Terror doesn't exist outside of TFV... it is one of the unknown Fallen Lords of Balor. The Maeldun unit is... or should I say... was being made by me... I paused it for now... but I do plan on continuing on it. Keep in mind there are 4 unknown Avatara of The Nine... so you could make one of them... just don't make another TFL Avatara... look at Rabican.. not all Avatara look the same.

Pyro wrote:just don't make another TFL Avatara... look at Rabican.. not all Avatara look the same.
I've already given Gleep a beating for making a level with Chu Chu Chrain and Maeldun both using the TFL collection. :P

-TGP-
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"I paused it for now... but I do plan on continuing on it."

RIP Maeldun. :D
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

IT'S Cu Chulain, sheesh. If someone wants to amber a collection for me I have a model I made and some bmps stolen from Baldur's Gate.

Good Luck with modeling, and then texturing, and then lighting, and then rigging, and then animating, and then rendering, and then ambering. I always hate or get hung up at the rigging process.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

just give up before you even start...hows that for encouragement...

...Giz
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Stumbling over the old avatara threads stirs some old plans for old projects and speculations..

Just reading the avatara names from the demo makes me become all nostalgic and so I draw and doodle..
Do anyone make models from pencil sketches? I've got a few doodles and with names like Tfear, Malagigi and Forgall Manach I'm sure to round up a bunch more..
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

there were avataras outside of the nine, correct? for example there could have been 50+ avataras in the world of myth but only 9 of them were members of the nine?
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Floyd is Pink wrote:there were avataras outside of the nine, correct? for example there could have been 50+ avataras in the world of myth but only 9 of them were members of the nine?
Indeed. Mazzarin wasn't one of the Nine, but he was the first Avatara. So yes there are more than 9 Avatara in the Myth history. Just that in the time of TFL story only nine were around and were the leaders of the Light.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Perhaps someone could make a collection of Sinis before Mazzarin collapsed the shrine of Nyx upon his head.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Well not that it matters but keep in mind that we aren't sure that Sinis was ever an Avatara. Not all Shades were Avatara.... some Shades were just other non-Avatara magic using characters. Though I think it would be great if there were different Shade collections just like Avatara collections.