sup play-myth

Talk about anything here.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I guess he's saving up 4 months worth of posts ready to offload into his very own playmyth forum!

Oh wait, you mean Dantski's image wasn't the real one?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

"This weekend" means last weekend 2 days ago or 5.VIII.2007 ? ( aka "not later than 1.VIII.2007 ;) )
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

I think blade is lost in a time vortex.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Enculator wrote:I think blade is lost in a time vortex.
2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

PrplPplEater wrote:
vinylrake wrote:
Lugas wrote:What I would like to see from Mariusnet now is official Myth III support. The only way to get onto MariusNet via M3 is to hack into your metaserver file using a HexEditor and to change "balor.playmyth.net" with "myth.mariusnet.com".
Excuse the newbieness of the question since I haven't done this, but after you've hacked the server name in the metaserver file could you then distribute a hacked metaserver file for mariusnet MIII that other non-hexers could use to play myth 3 on mariusnet?
Yes, you could distribute it.... and I'm not sure what sort of Official support is needed. Mariusnet has "supported" the ability to connect with Myth III for a few years now. What is it you would want Mariusnet to do? I suppose I could host a copy of that edited file, but aside from that I don't know what "official" support is.

While there is currently no ranking system in place for it, it would be fairly straightforward to do as all games are recorded just as with SBR & TFL.

An edited "stock" Metaserver file is now available at Mariusnet.com that will allow anyone that wishes to use it to connect to the Mariusnet game server with Myth 3.

http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php ... gin_id=389

The interface on the login screen where you put in your username/password will still say PlayMyth untill/unless a plugin is made that replaces it, but you most definitely will log into Mariusnet with it. It is easily verified by just reading the Blue Bar message upon login.

Just download and unzip over top your existing Metaserver file in your /preferences folder (back up your old one first).

To revert to PlayMyth, just delete the file and let the game write a new one, or copy back the one you backed up.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

I can verify that this works. The first time I opened the game however, it listed "CCGUS" or something similar as the name. No password though as far as i could tell. Just FYI.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

A while back when the PlayMyth game server was down I made a MariusNet plugin for m3 that changed the text and graphic for the login screen, you're welcome to it PPE if you wish.

I never released it because I was trying to sync the room names and graphics with MariusNet, which apparently I have yet to do. I couldn't figure out where the room tab text is stored or something, I don't really remember...

Well, I was going to post on the mariusnet forums but while I'm typing might as well say, while logged on mariusnet with m3, I cannot see myth 2 games, I do not know if it is the same for myth 3 since I have never seen anyone else on myth 3.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

I've only ever done it while testing that prefs file, but it seems that is intended behavior... there is no reason for an M3 client to see M2 games or TFL to see M3, etc...
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

Convenience . If I'm on m3 and there is a game being hosted on m2 that I might be interested to participate in, I would enjoy knowing of the game.
Much like how I enjoy playing m2 and seeing any m3 games being played.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

SCORCH wrote:Convenience . If I'm on m3 and there is a game being hosted on m2 that I might be interested to participate in, I would enjoy knowing of the game.
I agree, there is no reason they shouldn't be viewable...
Conner

Post by Conner »

Amadeus wrote:
SCORCH wrote:Convenience . If I'm on m3 and there is a game being hosted on m2 that I might be interested to participate in, I would enjoy knowing of the game.
I agree, there is no reason they shouldn't be viewable...
when we added support to M2 (and then M3 and Marathon) to MariusNet, we had to make some decisions.

Do we have seperate rooms for everyone (similar to how TFL and M2 was with bungie.net with two seperate servers) or did we toss everyone in together.

We chose to toss everyone in together, with the exception of 'ranked' rooms (which are different than the tourney/tracked rooms in that they show the rank symbol).

At the time of making these decisions, there was TFL players and SB players, but for the most part the groups did not mix - people that played TFL mostly didn't play SB, and people that played SB mostly didn't play TFL. It didn't make any sense to list all games, most people would only care to see the games they could join. Also, the game packets that are sent to the TFL client and the SB client were different enough that there would need to be some translation between the two (if I recall correctly, M3 uses the M2 packet structure identically), and asking users at the time if it made sense to not show SB games to TFL users, and not show TFL games to SB users, it made sense to do so.

We got enough grief from people wondering why we had SB and TFL people lumped together, different than what Bungie did - but over time that mostly worked out.

Because we went that route early on, and the fact that Marius is 'retired', it would not be trivial to change the way things work, and until there are actually people playing M3 on MariusNet, it seems like not a very good reason to drag Marius out of retirement. You can always check the MariusNet web page for the current games. I'll pass it onto Marius though, just in case. Most likely it would be only M2 and M3 that would 'share' the game list because they share packet structures...