Myth^2 : 4

Talk about anything here.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

what a sad feeble attempt to get a rise out of me.
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:what a sad feeble attempt to get a rise out of me.
Not by me. I am just (in a joking way) playing with the idea of how to motivate mapmakers to make some new mega solo campaigns.

BTW, would you like to be one of the judges for the Myth 4 mapmaking competition?

(see, now THAT was meant to get a rise out of you. But not malicously, just poking at you to get you motivated)
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

vr you on my peachie mythers list now! didnt you know?

~8^)

Never dout we are clicking away on the project!

SOMEBODY on the dev team is ALLWAYS CLICKING one thing or another!

there is so much work to be done that its even hard to keep track of it all.
right now the soundtrack is being polished up, the website is being overhauled with new features and some new content.
plugins are being made with all kinds of super deadly goodness, and all new highly refined gameplay dynamics for players to enjoy. We have even done a few things Bungie themselves couldnt even get done in the 2 myth products they sent out.

We have a line of all new super high res content coming out, including super high res fuild effects of various types and super high res new units/monster models, Some are allready completed!

I still may be able to get the last batch of all new conceprt art from our concept artist, and countless other things are being worked on by many of the people on the team

Yea so there you go, thats even leaving out TONS of stuff that the dev team is or has been working on.

Our goal to take advantage of as many new and old features as we can AND make all content to support it = makes making stuff for myth more complicated then ever before and thus take longer to produce.

for god's sake just one of our dorf types has 6 different uses for dorfy types weapons of destruction in his inventory (granted hes a hero type unit)

as allways any help from peeps would be nice ~8^)

-Renwood
Peach Out
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Renwood TWA wrote: for god's sake just one of our dorf types has 6 different uses for dorfy types weapons of destruction in his inventory

Sounds.... complicated and not very... intuitive maybe? Micro management to the degree myth makes you do it is at a pretty decent balance WIHTOUT any inventories. Start adding inventory and many multiple attacks/fx to each unit and you get a messy gongshow of unmicromanged carnage. Its like trying to take all the hero units in mazz and play it through solo. There's just too much going on.

Not to judge, I havent played anything, but that comment makes me worry.. thats all.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

it sounds like an haxor-plug to me.

heroes of haxors had tons of special abilities, yet, not even inventory and it was almost un-micromanageable! imagine in a full blown multiplayer map ouf oh lala
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

there isnt anything from stopping you from...KNOWING what you are talking about because you have at least played it.

just lack of interest i imagine.

Thats allright cause we really need to put out a newer version for people to test.
Peach Out
oogaBooga

Re: Myth^2 : 4

Post by oogaBooga »

Zeph wrote:I started a completely new myth campaign! It will be called "Four" or simply "4"

4 will be pure insanity with a completely reworked myth campaign designed for coop play.

things to expect
25 coops with a new story!
some slightly modified units!
new features like hybrid pig reproduction and lepper infested peasants along with wight-explosion-chain reaction!

Why call it 4 ?
1. We have myth2, myth3 and what's the next number in line? 4!
2. myth 2 x myth 2 = myth^2 x 4, its myth2 multiplied by myth2! It's more fun than double the fun of myth2!
3. If one day some developpers make a myth4, maybe people will get confused and pirate myth : 4 and the tain will get lots of downloads!!!
That's Retarded. What drives you to attempt(and fail) to make fun of our project? I don't recall pissing in your cereal.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oogaBooga wrote:That's Retarded. What drives you to attempt(and fail) to make fun of our project? I don't recall pissing in your cereal.
At the risk of fueling the fire, I'll try to address this objectively and answer your question assuming you are sincerely wanting to know what might drive one to make fun of your project.

I think there are a couple of factors that invite humor aimed at your project, or maybe 3 or 4 though some can be combined and they are all somewhat intertwined. btw, I am not listing these to be CRITICAL of your project, just identifying potential targets or reasons people might feel inclined to make fun of your project.

1) The name of the project.

2) The very, very long development time vs. what has been released for anyone to see.

3) The incredibly grandiose claims as to how large, completely different than any other Myth map/campaign/conversion, and how awe-inspiring the resulting project will be.

I think those are the primary reasons. Again, I don't list these to be critical - I am a fan of solo campaigns and wish the entire development team godspeed and good luck.

Now please go finish the damn thing so I can play it.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Exactly as VR said, I am making fun of two points here :

The name of the plugin, I have personally never seen a sequel developped on an old engine Myth 3 -> Myth 4, all I've seen are plugins or mods
Why not make myth4 on the myth3 engine? that would rock, perhaps give life back to the wonderful engine!

I am also making fun of all the things you guys are talking about. I've heard so much yet never seen any of it except maybe a hacked screenshot that shows super zoomed out view?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Sorry, guys, but I beat you all when I made a campaign called Freedom and the last level wouldn't even load on other people's computers.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

oh crap you are making myth IV too, lets do something

mine is called Myth Pfhor
renwood's called Myth 4
Wallet's Myth Four
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

don't leave me out william! I have been advertising the greeks for the last 4 years!!! hahaha
4 years!!!!
they look more atlanteans than greeks ...

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Just make it on the myth 3 engine eh Zeph?

and here i thought you at least understood myth, your above statement proves me VERY wrong indeed.
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote:Just make it on the myth 3 engine eh Zeph?

and here i thought you at least understood myth, your above statement proves me VERY wrong indeed.
Hey morans, quit arguing and make your plugins.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I just modified the myth4 source code and added higher zoom feature!