WW2 - Myth III

Talk about anything here.
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

Is ww2 for myth III still in upcoming projects or has it been adandoned?
best thing since sliced bread
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

I think if you guys got this conversion out to the public a hell of alot of people would start playing myth3. If you guys still need to test it i can help ya.
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

20 views anyone interested enough to reply back.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I'm not that well informed, but theres a couple problems I think.

1. Khrome seemed to hint that he can't do whats needed to complete the plug.
2. He doesn't seem that fussed about trying to rush in and do it.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

i was just wondering if it was still going to get done. I saw khrome website about it but like the fourms posts about it were from 2003. If you guys want people to play myth3 i think that would be the key. I know i would switch right away.
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

Well if khrome can see this what exactly needs to be done and is there anyone that can help ya finish this plug.
sillek

Post by sillek »

Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

thanks for the link sil but that was in june i was curious to what was going on now.
Blades ~ FF ~

Post by Blades ~ FF ~ »

Hey Guys.... got a couple of emails and one person on hotline who have made me aware of this thread so I thought I'd pipe up since FlyingFlip was mentioned in here.

Things either are made or stay unmade for a number of reasons. School, work, family, and other kinds of things that take an enormous amount of time. FlyingFlip has made a great deal of headway in terms of tool development and documentation processes for Myth III. In many cases, some of the things we've documented (in our forums) are things that were not even known prior to being reverse-engineerer. As a result, it's much "easier" (note: I did not say "easy") to create worlds for Myth III.

There are outstanding questions regarding artifact handling that *may* impact the development of a WW2 style mod for Myth III, but because the mod is not actively being played or tested, there isn't any realistic way for us to really test this. Sure we could make our own mod for the purposes of this, but I refer back to my time reference at the beginning of this post.

Time has been at a premium for myself and for everyone at FlyingFlip for about the last 4 months for various professional and personal reasons. If we can get an accurate description (or better yet a mod with a reproducable bug) then the odds of any anomoly being corrected are a lot higher.

All of us at FF would like to see this mod done. However there has been a lot of water under the bridge between the creator of that mod and development team which I believe is the largest barrier to it being completed. Perhaps at some point the walls that have separate so many for so long can be breached and things can go from there. I, however, remain skeptical that this will happen anytime soon.

Wish I could be more positive.

Blades
Evilzen

Post by Evilzen »

well put. First i have to say hats off to you guys over at flying flip. The things you have done with m3 is amazing. I just recently put it back in and have been playing the classic map pack. I recomend to anyone out there to give m3 a shot once again. I think everyone that does will be really surprised. If people need help with testing things i would be glad to give some of my time. I have been playing this game since 97 tfl 1.0 i pretty much know my way around after 7years of gaming. I believe that myth3 is the only hope left for myth.

Reguards to WWIIi for myth3. This plug has to be completed if anyone expects players to switch to myth3. Many players only play ww2. The number of players is slowly decreasing everyday as well. What ever differences there are i wish they could be put aside so this plug can get finished. This is the gateway to players coming in masses to m3.

Well in the mean time i will be trying to bring as many players to m3 as i can. Mostly pitching its TFL like game play that will intrest many of the older tfl players.

Congrats to you blades and the entire ff team. You guy have really done an amazing job in the advancement of m3. Keep up the good work. I try to do my part as much as i can. See if i can start alittle crowd playing this.

Blades if theres anything i can help ya with my AIM s/n is fearnzilla1 which is also my email at hotmail. I can help ya with whatever ya need. Specially on the PR end of things.

Thanks GUYS
EVILZEN
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I don't want to sound hugely negative here, but you seem to be putting a huge amount of faith in WWIIi. Now I haven't played it, but it looks really cool, and I'm sure that it's great fun to play. But the thing with WW2 that I've noticed is that people seem to be very reluctant to adopt new things, that is very clearly shown by how uncommon it is to see people playing anything but Recon.

Myth 3 plays differently from Myth 2, even if the gameplay were perfectly reproduced, with the new graphics engine it just wouldn't 'feel' the same, and I think that this would turn people away.
I'm hopeful that it will still attract people to Myth 3, but it's not exactly going to make everyone playing Myth 2 just up and move on over. What Myth 3 really needs is something 'new', I'm hoping the WWIIi gameplay is something different from WW2 recon, but something really fun of its own instead, so that it can develop its own fan-base. I'm also very interested in the Legions of Destiny add-on/sister-game that FF are working on/planning.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

Will this be the only plug-in ever made for Myth III?

Another question is: How many of you have ever played Dungeon Siege? It reminds me of Myth but the gameplay is somewhat different in that you only control one unit which can use many different weapons/ armor. If a plug for Dungeon Siege featuring classic Myth units was made, who would play it?
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

I also hope the Tain's ready when it's ready soon.;)
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Unkfolt, I have played DS, but I don't think the gameplay is that similar to Myth. I find it to be an enjoyable hack-fest, and little else. It's enjoyable when you're playing it, but it's far too linear to really get into. I've heard of a total coversion for Neverwinter Nights (I don't have that game, so I couldn't check it out) of the Myth world. I think if you want to do a Myth RPG, then NWN could be a better venue. But that's just my silly idea.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I played Dungeon Siege and enjoyed it enough to finish the solo levels. It can easily be compared to Diablo, but it's really nothing like Myth. There are no "physics" in DS. For example, ranged attacks don't miss, units don't do friendly fire damage even with the biggest of explosions, and formations (you can control up to 8 units) while they exist in a rudimentary sense, have very little tactical impact.