sup play-myth

Talk about anything here.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Hacks? You mean assholes or people who hack the game? I hope not the latter. I've never heard of any Myth hacks and that's been what's kept me enjoying the game for so long.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Anthson wrote:Hacks? You mean assholes or people who hack the game? I hope not the latter. I've never heard of any Myth hacks and that's been what's kept me enjoying the game for so long.
Ooh! One important thing to remember if you are a new myther: Ignore Elfoid. He will confuse and frighten you for reasons that most modern scientists still don't understand.

What he is referring to, is the reason that PMnet is in such a deplorable state: the server was hacked (a web sort of thing, not the game or anything).

Elf, just tell tiger to stop being silly and play on mnet.

-DA
PrplPplEater

Regarding Mariusnet Registrations....

Post by PrplPplEater »

One of the things on my ToDo list (aside from build a deck, do yard work, rebuild a roto-tiller engine, fix my roof, etc...) is to get the Mariusnet registrations approval process completely automated. Right now it still requires me to manually approve all registration requests.... not a bad thing back in the day, but nowadays it's just silly.

If not this weekend, then by next I should be able to get something scripted that will process the requests at regular intervals. The number of requests for new accounts just keeps climbing (averaging 4-7 per day), so perhaps it will eventually hit that critical mass point where folks are always on?
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

PMnet eventually will cease to exist if it keeps up its current situation. As a guy who owns and runs a Magic: The Gathering league, I can't tell you how horrible it would be for us in the long run if we lost the ability to add new users. You take that away and your longevity is basically snuffed.
vinylrake

Re: Regarding Mariusnet Registrations....

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:If not this weekend, then by next I should be able to get something scripted that will process the requests at regular intervals. The number of requests for new accounts just keeps climbing (averaging 4-7 per day), so perhaps it will eventually hit that critical mass point where folks are always on?
Very nice ppe, that will definitely speed up the new user registration process. btw, thanks for making mariusnet all spiffy and newlike again.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Another week of un-usable PMnet website has passed...
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Damn I lost a bet with my common sense that it would be back up already.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:Another week of un-usable PMnet website has passed...
What is it that you are wanting to do on the PlayMyth website?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

vinylrake wrote:
New User registration, "currently on", possibly a forum. Critical elements of a metaserver I'd say.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

All of which MariusNet has. (MythForums is the respective forum)
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:
vinylrake wrote:
New User registration, "currently on", possibly a forum. Critical elements of a metaserver I'd say.
New user registration is a definite requirement for a game server. The forum really isn't. A forum is pretty crucial for any site wantingn to be a 'community hub' but if the new user registration process is automated, all a game server really needs is a way to contact the admin if a player has problems logging on.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Another week of un-usable PMnet website has passed...

No news or updates on the page...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

No news or updates on the page...
So "Make the Switch" already. and urge others to do so as well. besides, all the cool people are hanging out on mariusnet these days. I know because I saw Frum there last week. You know the old saying; "If Frum likes it, it MUST be good".
Point

can

Post by Point »

can someone on good terms with blades simply ask him to change the blue bar when you log into pmnet to read something to the effect of ...

"while pmnet is being revamped please jump over to www.mariusnet.com for all your mything needs... Thanks for your patience and pmnet will be back when time permits."

that would take the pressure off him, and would give take the death nail out of the community.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Doobie
Site Admin

Re: can

Post by Doobie »

Point wrote:can someone on good terms with blades simply ask him to change the blue bar when you log into pmnet to read something to the effect of ...

"while pmnet is being revamped please jump over to www.mariusnet.com for all your mything needs... Thanks for your patience and pmnet will be back when time permits."

that would take the pressure off him, and would give take the death nail out of the community.
I'd strongly suggest that the same link should be included on the placeholder page for www.playmyth.net
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net