Myth III sound format?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Jon God

Myth III sound format?

Post by Jon God »

I was trying to import some sounds into Myth III, and was finding myself unable to do so with Ballistic (In Mac OSX), is there some format it needs to be in?
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

usually its .mp3

but when i extracted them back i got back .aif files but i think its just the extractor i used.

either that or it uses the original sound formats which is .wav
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

No one would mistake me for a M3 expert, but the sound formats look like they are probably more related to the platform you are on rather than M3 itself. MP3 are cross platform, WAVs are 99.99% Windows audio files, and the only place I've EVER seen AIF files is on Macs or output from Apple products.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

.mp3 it is :D
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Still not letting me import any of those formats... Am I SOL?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Going from memory here: I seem to recall the sound tag format is the same for M3 as it is for M1/2 (maybe some header differences). Therefore you should be able to use Fear to import a sound file (see Fear docs for proper sound format). Then use that newly-created tag in your M3 project.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well for Myth 2, the format to import to PC Fear is 22.050 kHz 16-bit mono PCM WAV. For Mac Fear it is the same except its an AIF file instead of WAV. Some sounds can be 16-bit stereo, like ambient sounds or main menu music.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Killswitch wrote:Going from memory here: I seem to recall the sound tag format is the same for M3 as it is for M1/2 (maybe some header differences). Therefore you should be able to use Fear to import a sound file (see Fear docs for proper sound format). Then use that newly-created tag in your M3 project.
You were right, many thanks!